Prince of the Apostles
Fr. Isaque Meneses, Pastor
The Catholic Christian Community of St. Peter, Prince of Apostles Parish welcomes all to celebrate God's love. As a Eucharistic Faith Community, we witness to the Gospel message through prayer and service; and education and sacraments; hospitality and stewardship of talent, treasure, and time.
Images from our Church, Chapel, and Grounds
SAINT PETER, PRINCE OF THE APOSTLES, 884 N. LEMOORE AVE, LEMOORE, CA 559-924-2562
Our faith community of 1700 registered families, like many parishes had humble beginnings. The first mass celebrated in Lemoore was in 1909, in a private home and conducted by Father O’Brien, the Pastor of St. Paul’s Church in Coalinga. The property on 19 Follett Street where St. Peter’s was built was purchased in 1911 and the first Mass was held there in February 1912. Father Manual Salvador was the first pastor.
In 1994, Msgr. John O’Friel , formed a new church building committee to build a new church to accommodate our growing Parish on property donated by Guy and Pearl Badasci and extended families. Four pastors and many years later we credit and thank our Pastor, Msgr. John Coelho-Harguindeguy for completing our dream, and the first mass in the new church was celebrated on October 2, 2011.
Our beautiful and comfortable, new church building at 870 North Lemoore Avenue seats 1500. The Holy Family daily chapel which contains all of the treasures from the original Saint Peter’s Church, incorporated to give it the look and feel of the original Saint Peters, seats 150. More recently, our new offices and The Holy Spirit Daily Adoration Chapel have been added to the property .